Friday, May 27, 2011

Breast Pumps

So when I started looking at breast pumps I was a little nervous to spend the $300 on something I will only use for a year and what if I have a hard time breast feeding like I did with my first daughter.  So as I researched them all and read reviews I ended up getting the Lansinoh double breast pump.  I found it at Target for $150, then I found a 10% off coupon for it, and was given $70 worth of gift certificates to Target, I ended up paying $65 for it.  I have been using it now for the last two months and it is wonderful for a stay at home mom, I can plug it in or take it in the car with the plug (only if you have a plug outlet in your car) but you can also put 4 AA batteries in it and use it in the car.  I can say from having a more expensive one for my first daughter it may not be as powerful feeling but it still does the job and the noise well they all make noise so it will be slightly loud but it doesn't bother me.  My oldest daughter says I look like a cow being milked and that it looks funny, then she proceeded to tell me that she doesn't want to grow up cause she doesn't want to look like a cow being milked, LOL.  



  http://www.target.com/Lansinoh-Affinity-Double-Electric-Breast/dp/B003B08EWM/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=breast%20pumps&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-12&qid=1306503119&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Lansinoh%20Affinity%20Double%20Electric%20Breast&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0










I LOVE THIS PUMP!!!  Also they have a load of stuff that you can also buy to help with the storage, pads, creams, and much more.  I bought the reusable pads from Lansinoh, which are amazing and I can wash them and not waste the material throwing them away.  Now, they are a little thicker so if you are wearing something tight or able to see outlines of things you might want to buy the thin disposable pads to go out in but I love these reusable ones.  I also purchased from Target the Medela soft shells for sore nipples and they do the job.  I had a yeast infection on my left breast, which you can get, and the shells helped it go away so fast that I could begin feeding my little one again from the breast instead of pumping from it all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay...for cows (ha ha Skye!)! :) Go Momma cow go! Its the best thing you can do for a healthy start for little Danielle :).

    ReplyDelete